Sunday, March 9, 2008

The women in my life

It was women's day yesterday. And somehow I came to a conclusion that women shouldn't be the one celebrating Women's Day - It should be the men. Irrespective of what anyone believes, the truth remains that its female species that truly defines a man. So here's to all the women in my life.


My Mom - Its said that mothers never have favourites when it comes to their children. But let me for once be unfair to my brother and sister and say that i have been her favourite. She has been a strict mother whenever it came to my studies or my habbits. But she also has been my biggest supporter. She has moulded me into the person i am today. She taught me about life and about people. A true inspiration in every sense. She taught me how to fight in life for whatever you believe in, and not to rest until you acheive it. She taught me that you always don't get whatever you wish for, but you contniue your life with a set of new aspirations. And teh most important thing that she taught me was to be independent and to take my own decisons and not to worry about the world. Thank you Mom, for bringing me to this world. I will make you proud someday.



My Sis - She is ten years elder to me. Many think that with such an age difference, we don't connect well as brothers and sisters. But all my life she has been the first one with whom i have shared my success, my mischiefs and my sorrows. Had it not been for her, i wouldn't have done well academically. She taught me, scolded me, slapped me and used every trick in the book to make me study and be the the first in my class. Its surprising for my friends, when i tell them i wanted to be a computer engineer right when i was in eighth grade or that i wanted to get into IIT right when i was in fifth grade. But yes, its true, thanks to my sister. We used to discuss my career always, and she would teach me about the various career options that existed, when i was a ten year old. Even though, we kind of drifted apart when i joined college, and we didn't always agree about things in my life, she has been a keen listener to my dreams and aspirations. She didn't discourage me when i told my family that i would open up a start-up and would not take up a job. She just made me realise the practicalities of life, and then left it on my judgement. She was the first one in my family to know that i wanted to marry White. She always supported my decision, and when i broke up with White, she was the one who took care of the situation at home, consoling my parents and consoling me all the time. She has indeed been one of the support pillars of my life. Thank you Didi for always being there for me.



Rose - Its strange how people whom you don't know so much, suddenly become so important in your life. Rose is one of White's best friends, right from college days. When my relationship with White ended, White asked Rose to take care of me, see that i don't end up doing anything stupid, and help me get on with my life. Past couple of months, Rose has beared all my "My world is ending" kind of talk. She makes it a point that she comes online everyday and just chat about anything and everything going on in my life. She is simply great when it comes to changing topics whenever i start riminating about my wasted life. And i have learned a lot from her experiences in life, and about how people go on to fight the life they live. Thanks Rose, for bearing me and helping me fight my sorrows.



Freedom - This girl will be surprised to see herself in this list. We have never met each other. We met through Orkut, and generally through chats and scraps became friends. And she kept on pestering me, what her nick will be on my blog. ( " Freedom it was a no-brainer - I hope you like your nick"). So she is the one who inspired me to write blogs, and thanks to her i am a blog-addict now. Whenever i want to read something good - she is my girl. And past couple of months she's been a true entertainment channel for me. Whenever i am down, i always find her online to lift my spirits and to bring a smile on my face. I sometimes wonder, why would anyone whom you have never met,try to share your grief, try to lessen your pain. What does she get out of it. Nothing. But maybe all great human beings share this trait. ("Freedom if you are reading this, then please baloon ke tarah phool mat jaana - what will happen to your weight-loss resolutions"). Thanks Freedom for all the "e-care" and "e-support".



White - The last person i want to write about is White, but i won't write much about her as no words can describe the importance of her existence in my life. Fate can take you away from me but it cannot take away those dreams i dreamt with you and those great moments that i spent with you and away from you. The last few years have been the best of my life and i will cherish them always. You have showed me what life is and what it ought to be. You defined me for me. And i won't write anything more, because these stupid words are just not enough. You are a part of me, and you will always be "the woman of my life". Thanks White for everything. I firmly believe that we will be together someday, maybe in next life. You indeed are "awesome".

1 comment:

Moo said...

* phools like a balloon *

Well, there really isn't anything else I can do in the present situation. Except maybe, smile and be really moved at the same time. :')

You're the best. Thanks for the post.