Friday, March 21, 2008

I Decide

So I just vanished from the scene past couple of days. I am still to decide whether it was a good break from everything or it was pure running away from realities.
I skipped office for a couple of days without informing anyone and so its a long five-day weekend for me. And I have been drinking my heart out, and will continue doing so for the next three days and then maybe I will take a break from it. Its again one of those promises that I have been doing to myself and others that next week onwards I will get my life on track. And I just hope that this time, I do keep my promise.

Many things happened in the last few days. I called up White (methinks it will definately go down as my last conversation with her). I am proud of myself that I had a very normal conversation with her. I asked for her marriage date. She said "Phoenix how can I tell YOU the marriage date, I just can't do this to you". But finally i tricked her and acted very normal to get to know that its 19th April ( Another date gets added to my already long list of dates). But anyway somehow, the pain was less this time. We chatted for an hour, talked about things in life, laughed together and every thing went as if two friends were doing the catching-up-with-times kind of conversation. I just hope she is happy in her life. The only part that saddens me is the life she has chosen to live. She is a doctor in army and she really really hated the army life. I would always tell her that its a temporary phase and she will one day get out of the army. But now she is marrying a doctor who is also in army, so now she has to be a part of army all her life. I just hope she adjusts to it.

Now it was also one of those days, when so many people kept on telling me to get hold of my life. We were having one of those long drinking sessions, and then i got into a fight with Longhair.
I know he meant well for me, when he said that he wanted me to stop drinking. But one should know what one should say. I agree that he is my friend, but he has no right to put conditions on my life. He had no right to ask for a date when i will stop drinking, and it was foolish of him to say that he will only talk to me once i really stop drinking all alone. That is when i decided that I had enough. No one can decide about my life. I know I have been going through a bad phase, I have been doing some stupid stuff, but its me who decides the rights and wrongs in my life. I know friends and family always expect the best for you, but then the line should not be crossed. Anyway, so that was the conversation which kind of changed me. And I know i will get hold of the things in my life, and never again let anyone decide for me. I can now proudly say that now i have become strong enough to face the world. I won't pursue happiness, but i will definately fight out the sadness, the gloom, the failure of my life.
Out of the night that covers me,
Black as the Pit from pole to pole,I thank whatever gods may be
For my unconquerable soul.In the fell clutch of circumstance
I have not winced nor cried aloud.Under the bludgeonings of chance
My head is bloody, but unbowed.Beyond this place of wrath and tears
Looms but the horror of the shade,And yet the menace of the years
Finds, and shall find me, unafraid.It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate;
I am the captain of my soul.
- Invictus by W.E. Henley
P.S. - Let this post be incomplete for now.

5 comments:

Moo said...

Dunno for sure, but the break seems to have done you some amount of good. You're sounding stronger, to say the least. I don't know what it's like really. But, I do hope that you decide to steer the course of your own life and make the right decisions. :)

Sooo glad to see you back on the blog. Loadsa love.

Unknown said...

Hey man! It sure as hell sucks to read what you're going through . . can't imagine what it must be like for you.
And totally agree with what you said bout the friends bit.
Cause it's very easy to be understanding and empathetic . . .give "advice" and all of that but a complete other to be actually going through shit.

You take your time and do what YOU need to get on with your life. Don't rush because sliding your problems and pain under the carpet wont do no good.

There need be no deadlines. . .

Really really hope you feel better though :)

Pri said...

ur friend 'longhair' asked u to stop drinking just because he cares for u...i agree that ppl dont have a right to tell u what to do and what not to...
ultimately u have to decide..but dont hurt people who care for u because someday down the line , u might regret it...u r lucky to have such friends...iys okay to feel lucky once in a while n0o matter how much we are hurting!
glad to know uve taken the first step...
as i said before..."the phoenix will definitely rise again" ...because he knows he CAN!

take care!

Mugger Much said...

Just don't let the pursuit of happiness turn into the happiness of pursuit. Rebounds are really bad - they hurt everyone involved.

Ok cool I've gotten the unsolicited advice out of my system. :)

Just don't drink too much man.

PS: Dude was this the Tim McVeigh wala poem?

The White Phoenix said...

@moo
Yeah the break really did brought me back to life, so expect some fun posts too in the near future ;)

@avani
Thanks for your concern.. yes one thing i have learned over the past few months is to stop having deadlines. Life is all about a re-start. and I am sure i will have mine pretty soon

@pri
I know i should't have been o harsh on Longhair, and i know he is one of those people who ar egenerally concerned about me. but don't worry we did patch up on the next drinking session itself :D.
and yes the Phoenix will rise.

@mugger
Yes it was the Tim mcveigh waala poem.
And thanks for the "advice". One coming from u is always welcome
And Happy Birthday