Friday, March 7, 2008

A date with dates

Do we always fights dates and events of the past all our lives. Isn't there a magic potion which just deletes these dates and events?

Today was Shivratri. So?? Well it was a shivratri 2 years back. I had gone to meet White to Pune where her college was. We planned to go to Lonavla on her scooty ( "its an activa not a scooty" - she would always say). The night before after seeing her off to her hostel i headed to meet a senior of mine ( He was one my favourite seniors in college). We drank all night and all through the night i kept on reminding them that i have to get up at 5 in the morning. We drank till 4 in the morning, then went to bed all wasted. But i did wake up at 5:30. Half-asleep i headed to my hotel ( was very lucky to get an auto that time in teh morning), took a bath and reached her hostel around 7 still fighting my sleep. But the moment i saw her in her beautiful red top ( which ofcourse we bought together), my sleep was gone. Her friends came out to see her off with grins on their faces.
We drove for around two hours i think. When we reached there, i was really hungry and thought of buying something, when White told me that it was Shivratri and she had her fast. She insisted that i eat, but i just couldn't. But she forced me to drink a Pepsi because a poor little boy was trying hard to sell his stuff. Then we sat at a quite place and just talked and talked for hours.
While heading back, White suggested that we stop by a famous temple which was on one of the hills. So we drove up the hill, then walked for a kilometer or so. The climb up started giving me cramps. Last nights binge drinking and the fast started having their effects. Anyway we reached the top. There was a beautiful cave at the top, which i must admit was beautiful. I wasn't fond of temples, but that day with White by my side it felt soothing. We prayed together, and i don't know how or why, I suddenly got a feeling that i am married. I don't know if there exists a thing called marrying in the mind, but i did marry her that day. Might sound stupid, but somehow i got a feeling - that moments onwards we were a couple ( a married couple in the mind).
Anyway, while we were praying we had bought a coconut, we had to break it in front of some deity or something. White had teh coconut and i asked her to break it. A person nearby stopped us and said that its not right for a woman to break the coconut. I was like -dude get out of these
chauvinistic and male-centric stupid rituals, it hardly matters whether the male does it or the female as long as they are together.
Anyway, we had a great time together that day , a time i will cherish all my life. Well, its Shivratri today and each and every thing that happened that day keeps on flashing in front of my eyes. And all i can do is remember that day, finish off my glass of whisky, fill another one, light a cigg. , and cry.
Well MOTS ( moral of the story) is - All you couples and lovers, if you beleive in the stupid concept of god and you visit temples together, then let the man break the nariyal .

Anyhoo, today i went to meet a very close friend of mine , Young. We have been greatest of friends right from school days. Well we had a starnge bet between us. It was like whoever gets married first will have to give the other person one lakh rupees and keep on giving one lakh everytime he becomes a father till the other guy gets married. I have won my one lakh and many more lakhs seem probable [:P]. He got married a few days back to a very beautiful and lovely girl. I feel happy for him. I was supposed to get married to White, just four days after Young got married. Both of us were so happy that we would be able to attend each others marriage (Young lives in Australia so it wa snice to have the dates so close to each other). So Young is happily married and i am sipping my whisky all alone.
So i went ot meet Young as he is flying to Melbourne tomorrow. It felt nice to see the lovely couple together. Young - I wish you a very happy and fun-filled married life.

And another couple of days have passed by and haven't been able to reach office before noon. And i am surprised my boss hasn't said a word to me. And it seems my hitting the gym won't materialize this week too. Sad.

2 comments:

Moo said...

I'm normally a stickler for punctuation and editing, but this post made me realise, what the fuck does it matter?

Really lovely, touching post. Couldn't help feeling your loss. I can't expect you to 'move on' in the sense of the term, but I guess coping up means looking back at the memories and feeling more of fondness and less of pain. Hope you reach that phase soon enough.

And although I can't do much sitting here, just want to let you know that I'm just a messenger or phone call away.

Loadsa love and e-hugs. :)

The White Phoenix said...

@ moo
I know you are always there. Thanks.
And i will try to keep up wid the punctuations

Waise thanks for being the first one to comment