Thursday, December 18, 2008

You should control your drinking when ...

... your maid warns you against it.

So this is how it happened.

I came back home pretty much wasted one night( or was it twilight?). I keep my front-door open so that my maid doesn't have to take pains to ring the bell for hours and I don't have to get out of my cozy bed to open the door. Anyway, I digress. So, she comes in and she finds me sleeping on my bed with the ash-tray on my chest and can you believe it - a cigarette in my mouth. A cigartette in you mouth while you are sleeping - How stupid can you get???????
She said a lot of things and I had no idea what she was saying as I was dying to complete my last-ball-bowling-hero-cricket-dream.
So, the next day she comes in and the only thing she says is " Bhaiya, bahut ho gaya, ab aap aisa karoge toh hum aapke Mummy ko bol denga". Here she was giving her last Italian-mafia style warning.
Now, readers, kindly note before reading the consequence of this event :
- Before this incident, I was pretty much sure that my maid was happy because she comes everyday to a flat who's owner is drunk asleep and doesn't care whether his maid cleans the house everyday or not. Also, she gets to sell so many bottles of beer and whisky everyday. But after the " sleeping yourself to glory with a cigg. in mouth" episode I came to know how much she was concerned and disappointed about my state of affairs.
- I also knew that she would never be able to tell my mom as they come to visit me once or twice a year and also she is not the kind who would take pleasure in telling a mother what her son is up to.

Whether it was my maid's concern for me or my realization of the stupidity to create a big accident or my being fed-up of drinking or me realising the ill-effects of drinking, the result is that I have had alcohol only once in 8 days. Also, I have been washing my drinking glasses myself just to make sure that my maid doesn't find out that I was drinking again.

For now, I just hope that I get back to my normal-social-drinking ways. Cheers to that!!!
And for a change I so don't want to sing

Last time I was sober, man I felt bad
Worst hangover that I ever had
It took six hamburgers and scotch all night
Nicotine for breakfast just to put me right
cos if you wanna run cool
If you wanna run cool
you got to run
On heavy, heavy fuel

3 comments:

Mugger Much said...

Dude,

Chill with the booze! I've managed to pull it down to barely once a month, if that.
Of course, when I *do* get sloshed, it gets ugly as usual, kgp-ishtyle.

:D

Cheers!

Ramblings of a wandering mind said...

shaggy?

jayal!

Anonymous said...

:)

I like the way u write!!!!!

here's to more sensible drinking and less accident prone actions!!!

Cute ur maid sounds!!!

Bhaiyya ab bas!

ps: I have been reading this blog forever, just too lazy to comment!