Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Times they are a changing

Every time I write I "try" to be grammatically correct and coherent. And every time I want to write I keep in mind that people are reading( at least in the recent past). But as someone had said "I will love it if you write for yourself and not for others to read", so today I write for myself.

7Th Dec 2007, was the first time when I knew that my life with White was never going to culminate into marriage. After that I saw
  -  me breaking up with White
  - seven very close people breaking-up
  - my senior in college, my mentor and one of my best friends fighting for his         relationship and in the life that he believes in
 -  me realising my true calling in terms of career and getting a job which goes         on hold because of recession
 -  and many more things which I want to forget


That was 2008 in short. I was counting on the number of days left in 2008. And then happened 8th Dec 2008.  I was one of the three witnesses to a love-marriage of one of my friends. Something good has finally happened in my life. And now I want to believe that my time has changed. Now I want to believe that whomsoever I touch won't be jinxed.

  I have nearly been drinking all through the year. I am nearly an alcoholic and nearly a chain-smoker. Now is the time for me to change. I know whatever I have wished in life has not come true but somehow my gut-feeling says that things will change henceforth. This time I won't fail.

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH

P.S. - All you people reading this - stick with me because everyone around me will have a golden luck this year - and that's my gut-feeling and and at least my gut has never failed me.

Come gather round people wherever you roam
And admit that the waters around you have grown
And accept it that soon youll be drenched to the bone
If your time to you is worth saving
Then youd better start swimming or youll sink like a stone
For the times, they are a changing
- Bob Dylan

3 comments:

Star People said...

Nice, so did things change? My blog used to be called Phoenix too, and I changed the name when times changed.

The White Phoenix said...

Yeah times have changed. The Phoenix has risen form the ashes .. so maybe time has come to call the white Phoenix something else. What say!!

Star People said...

Sounds good....look forward to the change