Tuesday, April 29, 2008

...into the shining sun

Why is it that you don't believe it until you see it? And when you see it, you wish that you hadn't.

White got married on 20th. But there was no special gloom on that day. Or maybe arrival of the parents took away any chance of such an event. The thought remained at the back of the mind but never really came to the front until the other day.
I opened my orkut account and I saw the list of updates of people in my friends list. And there it was. A set of fourteen pictures of White's marriage. Her husband ( how strange it sounds) had supposedly put up the pictures of the marriage. And believe you me, curiosity does indeed kill the cat. I peeped into the album and then it really struck me. Till that time, there was a stupid, impossible but faint hope that maybe they didn't get married. But now I had visual proofs. It was all there. Each photo, telling a tale of its own, telling me it could have been me in the pictures, reminding me of all the dreams that we had dreamt together of how our marriage would be. Those photos will always be there to remind me of what I have missed.
Anyhoo, for one last time I must say this to myself - Now its finally the time to move on. May White have a great married life. Its time to bring back the spices and cook a new life for me.
And as the song goes
I took a heavenly ride through our silence
I knew the moment had arrived
For killing the past and coming back to life
I took a heavenly ride through our silence
I knew the waiting had begun
And headed straight..into the shining sun

4 comments:

Unknown said...

When you're close to tears remember
Some day it'll all be over
And though its darker than December
What's ahead is a different color

Hang in there man. . .s

Moo said...

* Big fat hugs till you suffocate and die *

Avani's comment says it all. For now, I think you're really coping up brilliantly, and I have newfound respect in you. Someday, and that day isn't very far, it'll be over. Trust us on this one. :)

Anonymous said...

hey...i can understand...even though i've been on the other side you are on
as others have said....
it'll soon b over...u'll never forget...but it'll hurt less

Anonymous said...

Ahh..finally a fellow blogger who knows exactly what it feels like...

The first two lines of your posts summed up my experience right upto the T.

-Childwoman-