Thursday, February 26, 2009

Ladies and ledas !! We announce the all new recipe of the day

Seeing the awful food at the lunch table today ...

ME : What a nutritious lunch
MANAGER1 : What a colorful lunch
MANAGER2 : Especially the "psychedelic green" chutney

.. silence ... contemplation in the air .. when suddenly


ME : Do we have a dish which is blue in color

.... wracking of brains ...


M1 : Baingan ki sabzee if you don't peel the chilka
ME : naah
M2 : Baingan is purple ... psychedelic purple

..... we wonder what's with M2 and psychedelia


M1 : I am sure French cuisine must be having something blue

.. a pause ... nodding of heads in agreement

M2 : Or Japanese ... their food is full of colors.
ME : (to myself) Thank God he didn't say "full of psychedelic colors"

.... a little more wracking of brains

ME : I want to make Blue rice/biryani/pulao. How do you make a blue rice without adding color.

.... The imaginary "psychedelic red" buzzer-bulb on M2's head blinks. We stare at M2


ME2 : That's easy!!! Beat the rice.
ME : Voila!!!
Since rice doesn't have eyes, so after we beat it, it won't turn black & blue.
We have successfully invented the "beaten-up blue rice".

8 comments:

Pri said...

ahh first "biryani"...then "blue rice"
ul soon be beating sanjeev kapoor ;)
wayy to go!!!!

Aathira Nair said...

Ha ha ... blue rice...

You can also try suffocation of rice prior to cooking to yield the blue tinge....

PS: Hopped over from Chandu's blog

moi said...

I never thought of coloring in food and especially rice...blue rice...lolz

Anonymous said...

blueberry cheese cake is blue in coulour...well at least the top.

I am so brilliant that I dazzle me sometimes! ;)

Perakath said...

Dude you write very well! I can relate to the drinking.

Moo said...

What the fuck is wrong with you? Are you so completely jobless? :p

Is there a vacancy?

Alice said...

Hi don't know you at all.. but ur blog's quite interesting. Maybe I find it so because I can relate to a lot of it - the career change, the arranged marriage scene., et al. OMG ur such a girl! Kidding... happy blogging

Sreejit said...

Dude did u finally make it(blue rice that is). Please post us a pic. Let us all go to grave havin atleast seen a dish blue in colour.
While readin yr post I was thinking if there was anything I have seen/eaten that is blue in colour.