Thursday, October 20, 2011

Thirties Here we come!!!

So we turn Thirty!!!!!
It hasn't sinked in yet, but I will look back at those 30 years sometime soon. In short, the last 30 has been a busy one with studies, start-ups, jobs, love, heart-breaks, friendships, life-long bonds, parties and many more unforgettable moments. It was fun. But there is a gut feeling that th enext 30 will be the ones that I will be remembered for.
As Selene put it to me
The only time you really live fully is from thirty to sixty. The young are slaves to dreams; the old servants of regrets. Only the middle-aged have all their five senses in the keeping of their wits. - Hervey Allen
Only that I refuse to be called middle-aged :P.
It's been an amazing birthday till now. Friends gathered for my cake cutting. I was down with food-poisioning, yet, we braved a lot of vomits to welcome the thirties with a satisfying sip of single-malt, cake smudging on the face and amazing gifts. And I do want to boast about the best gift ever. I was looking for this elusive out-of-print copy since ages. And Selene made it possible for me
Next sweet thing was my mom waiting all day long, before calling me at 4:36pm and saying "Now you have turned 30".
Week long parties have been planned. Small party today, followed by few card parties, and a big bash on Sunday afternoon. Should be fun :)
So I haven't planned how my next few years are going to be, but some things I want to do are
  • Have my own start-up
  • Visit one country each year for the next few years
  • Watch as many sports events as possible (This itself is a long list)
  • Get back to playing sports everyday
  • Brush my teeth in the night
  • Improve my dietary habbits
  • Have a large collection of alcohol
  • Keep on dodging the marriage bullet

And some more things that I will add to this list soon.

Cheers !!!!

2 comments:

Selene said...

Sounds like a good one to me :)

ittakestime said...

Happy 30th :)