Saturday, March 6, 2010

Life = Randomness. Q.E.D.


Proud owner of my Bagheera.

Among other news, I won an iPod nano for the best blog in my company. Also, my boss gave me an iPhone to play with for a month. Sad part is that I am in love with the iPhone which means that I will be tempted to buy one after I have returned the phone. Good part is that I love my job :).

Also, getting a lot of pressure from my family to get married. The problem is that I don't buy this arranged marriage thing. The bigger problem is that I cannot explain this fact to them. So a lot of tension in the air is expected in the coming days.

Over this past few months I have tried to analyze myself. And I realized that I am not good with relationships whether its family or friends. I don't want to be tied down. I want to do a lot of things in my life. With relationships come compromises.
And after being in a relationship, I know that these compromises are worth the effort. These compromises become insignificant in front of the person you love.
But, right now, I don't need that. I don't need anyone to tell me what to do, where to go, what to eat etc. I want to be a free bird. I don't want to lie to my gf/wife that I am in office meeting when the truth is that I am having fun with my friends in a bar. I want to have the freedom to work 16 hours a day without the tension that someone is waiting for me. I have the option to just pack my bag and leave.

I am enjoying the randomness in my life. Anything that falls in a pattern scares me. And relationships bring patterns. They bring expectations. I don't want that. But, will people understand? I doubt that.

But I do want to be the "master of my fate and the captain of my soul"

P.S. - This blog is now more than two years old. Happy birthday blog!!

8 comments:

Ramit Grover said...

What's a Bagheera?

And don't get married.

You'll be sorry.

Take this from the pro.

Mugger Much said...

Expect randomness. Expect uncertainty. Expect volatility. It makes things easier.

The White Phoenix said...

@The Bald Guy - Bagheera, my friend is the famous black panther from the Jungle book. And I named my new car "bagheera".
And I am all ears to the Pro ;)

@Muggermuch : Was that a financial insight :P

Moo said...

Please. DON'T buy this arranged marriage thing. You owe yourself that. The fact that you think you're going to be tied down by a relationship / marriage shows you aren't ready for it yet. Take that as a sign and go on with life as it is! You don't have to be 'ready' for marriage just because age is catching up with you.

Sorry about the free advice. It's just something I feel strongly about. :)

Love, love, LOVE the car, by the way. :) Congrats again!

P.S. Word verification's making me type 'fookar'. Is that a phonetic version of 'fucker'? :P

Star People said...

Awesome car dude! And oye, don't get married like that. No fun! Tell parents you're gay :)

Pepper said...

Bagheera looks hot, but I can't tell what breed it is :D

Btw..."I don't want to lie to my gf/wife that I am in office meeting when the truth is that I am having fun with my friends in a bar."

Why would you think you have to put an end to your personal social life once you have a gf/wife?

PS* Enjoyed reading you

chandni said...

reminder: time for a new post. I DEMAND.

moi said...

congrats for the new bagheera, i know its quite late.