Tuesday, September 1, 2009

It just takes a TV channel to kill the patriotism in you

First day of US open. Its a delight to read that Somedev Devvraman has qualified for the US open main draw. Also, Sania Mirza is playing. I switch on the TV (after knowing from the net that Somedev has won the first set). I see Roger Federer just finishing up his match. My thought - "It's Roger Federer, and the match should be over in 5-10 minutes. Somedev's match should be on any moment". The match ends after 15 minutes, and the next match they beam is Hanescu vs Isner and I am like WHO THE F*** ARE THEY???? I go back to my lappy to cross-check whether Somedev's match is still on. And it is ON. In a few moments, the net tells me that even Sania Mirza's match has started. I switch on my TV again (the optimism in me never dies) and I see Serena Williams playing on center-court.
It's a shame. A national TV-channel like Ten sports gives a f*** about matches concerning Indian players. Where is the censor-board?? What is the broadcasting ministry doing? I AM HURT.

4 comments:

Sakshi said...

Well here is THE mitti palit- The Nehru Cup was live on Z sports and not on any other sports channel including the Doordarshan waala channel...!!! And yeah- our Sports Minister says- we can't afford F1, as it is sooo expensive- Tell the chap to cut down a little on Cricket expenses... and we could maybe afford a lot more in sports.

Moo said...

Couldn't agree with you more. Also, like Sakshi says, these same channels would give their arm and a leg to acquire any cricket event. There's absolutely no faith and encouragement when it comes to other sports, which is extremely disgusting. :(

Keep writing. :)

Sreejit said...

Man... I was also searching for Devvaraman's match and in the end had to follow it on the internet.

Even the Davis cup matches, where I finally saw Devvraman playing was shown in DD sports and the coverage was pathetic.

They dont show the boxing event that involved so many indians, they dont show the so many badminton events involving Saina.

Am bored of cricket... Is anyone listening??

moi said...

broadcasting ministry nevers checks whats on tv!!