Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Sound of music ...

... is the reason why I am blogging at 5 in the morning. There are songs that give you goose-bumps, songs that completely hog your senses, songs that leave you in a trance.
I am a big admirer of "Madhushala" by Harivansh Rai Bachchan. I heard Manna Dey sing it while I was in college. I was immediately a fan of the song. But few months back I heard this, and Madhushala was never the same. I don't know whether it's Big B's voice or the music, but every time I listen to it, it takes me to another world.

Now, why am I blogging at this hour. Well, couple of days back, Nomad introduced me to this. I love sufi songs. But, somehow this was different. This song took me to some other level. I came back from office, opened up a beer, put my headphones and played this song. The idea was to relax and unwind. It ended up very differently. I have been listening to this song for 5-6 hours now and I am in a trance. There's so much peace and tranquility deep inside me that it cannot be explained in words. I have been sharing this song with anybody whom I see online. I had to share it here. Listen to it and fall in love with the power of music.

jo naa jaane haq ki taaqat,
rab naa deve usko himmat.
Hum mann ki dariyaa mein dooobe,
kaisi naiiyya , kya manjhdhaar.

Bas karee oh yaar, ilmu
bas karee oh yaar
Aik alif tere darkaar
bas karee oh yaar

1 comment:

chandni said...

and that is why I say, if we consider music our religion, all will be well in this world.

Such is the power of music. I am tripping on it too!